The service lab is the heart of the “science” in the Fermentation Science Institute. Our goal is to offer laboratory and analytical services to regional fermentation-based business that make beer, wine and spirits, carried out by knowledgeable scientists and students. In keeping with SIU’s commitment to community service, our researchers seek to support the production of consistent, high-quality fermented products by providing analytical services together with technical assistance for growers and producers. The Service Lab is TTB Certified for the analysis of beer, wine, and spirits.
The Fermentation Science Institute Service Lab offers many analyses to aid in quality control from harvest through bottling for homebrewers, breweries, wineries, and distilleries. Please see our service lists for BEER, WINE and SPIRITS for a list of analyses that are currently available. For questions or requests regarding a particular analysis, e-mail the Laboratory Operations Coordinator at email@example.com.
To submit a sample:
- Fill out the SAMPLE SUBMISSION FORM on the left navigation. This form allows up to 5 samples per submission. If you have additional samples, please fill out another form.
- You will be sent an e-mail confirmation with volume requirements for each sample, an estimated turnaround time, and any special sample handling instructions.
- Label your samples the same as on the Sample Submission Form. Sample vials should be filled with minimal headspace.
- Ship or hand-deliver (Mon - Fri, 9-5) your samples to the FSI Service Lab.
- You will receive an invoice for payment after results are sent to you. The FSI does not accept cash or credit card payments.
FSI Service Lab
SIU McLafferty Annex
1785 University Press Drive, Mail Code 6833
Carbondale, IL 62901