The FSI Service Laboratory operates as a 3rd party testing facility, offering laboratory and analytical services to regional fermentation-based business that manufacture beer, wine and spirits. Services are carried out on state-of-the-art equipment by staff recognized as Certified Chemists by the United States Tax and Trade Bureau for beer, wine and distilled spirits. Our faculty and staff stand ready to support the production and research and development of fermented products and processes. Technical assistance is for all aspects of fermentation, including the production and characterizaton feedstock materials and novel products.
Please see our service lists for BEER, WINE and SPIRITS for a list of common analyses that are available. Our laboratories are well equipped and we are able to carry out most analyses, including those requiring liquid and gas chromatography. Our gas chromatograph is capable of olfactory, FID and mass spectroscopy detection modes, with headspace, liquid and SPME preconcentration injection modes available. For questions or requests regarding a particular analysis or general testing needs, e-mail the Laboratory Operations Coordinator at email@example.com.
To submit a sample:
- Fill out the SAMPLE SUBMISSION FORM on the left navigation. This form allows up to 5 samples per submission. If you have additional samples, please fill out another form.
- You will be sent an e-mail confirmation with volume requirements for each sample, an estimated turnaround time, and any special sample handling instructions.
- Label your samples the same as on the Sample Submission Form. Sample vials should be filled with minimal headspace.
- Ship or hand-deliver (Mon - Fri, 9-5) your samples to the FSI Service Lab.
- You will receive an invoice for payment after results are sent to you. The FSI does not accept cash or credit card payments.
FSI Service Lab
SIU McLafferty Annex
1785 University Press Drive, Mail Code 6833
Carbondale, IL 62901